Thursday, November 21, 2013

Binder Clips

Will binder clips actually fix broken feet on a keyboard? 
The little fold out feet on the bluetooth keyboard in my home office have been in constant trouble. They pop off, fold in involuntarily, and one of them has now left and gone completely AWOL. While browsing popular life hack websites, I found the seemingly perfect solution - replace the feet with binder clips, and viola! No more problems, right? I will test whether or not this is too good to be true and report back. 


Life Hack Found on twistedsifter.com


My Collection of Test Subjects
Upon arriving at home, I dislodged the sole remaining keyboard foot and removed the metal handles from the binder clips. I inserted the handles into the holes vacated by the keyboard feet, and what do you know? It worked! My fears that the keyboard would now bounce or be at an odd angle were unfounded. My husband and I both gave the keyboard a test run and are thoroughly satisfied, and I'm proud. Very proud. I am currently typing these words on the foundation of these steady, once binder clip handles - now keyboard feet, and they work like a dream. Thank you, life hacker geniuses!

Keyboard Hack is a Winner

Now, What to Do With the Orphan...



1 comment: