Thursday, April 3, 2014

Adding Design Elements

With Canva, you can create stunning graphics that help communicate your meaning. You might first compose your post, then design your graphic to enhance your message. I happen to love insects (commonly referred to as "bugs") and fell in love with this poster in Canva. 


You may not know this about me, but I actually have a Master's Degree in Entomology from Texas Tech University. Entomology is the study of insects, and I conducted fire ant research focusing on the supercooling abilities of red imported fire ants. My specialty, though, is taxonomy. I love to study the structure of insects, mainly beetles, under a microscope. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that! I was semi-wanting to do that project in science where you pin dead insects on the Styrofoam. Now I want to try out this 'Canva'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love Canva! Just join with your gaggle email and your school password. Check out their tutorials - they'll help you get started. You do have to pay for some items in Canva, but there are tons and tons of free ones. I had probably made 100 or more designs before I ever decided to pay for one of the backgrounds I couldn't live without:) And yes - bug collecting is a blast!

    ReplyDelete